- General tips for How to cook eggs for dogs?
- Hard Boiled Eggs for Dogs
- How to cook hard-boiled eggs for dogs?
- Can dogs eat egg shells of hard-boiled eggs?
- Scrambled Eggs for Dogs
- How to cook scrambled eggs for dogs?
- Can dogs eat scrambled eggs?
- Raw Eggs for Dogs
- Can dogs eat raw egg?
- Benefits of Cooking Eggs for your Dog
- Conclusion for “How to cook eggs for dogs?”
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Can dogs eat egg yolk?
- How many eggs can a dog eat in a day?
- Can I feed my dog eggs everyday?
- At what age can puppies eat eggs?
The Egg Challenge went viral in 2019 after a Golden Retriever named Sookie gained internet stardom for holding an egg inside of her mouth without breaking it open. This spurred the frenzy of dog owners feeding their dogs all types of eggs as there were several health benefits for dogs eating eggs. So if you’re going to feed your dog an egg make sure you cook the eggs for your dog in order to prevent bacteria illnesses such as salmonella. Thus, the ultimate question becomes “How to cook eggs for dogs?” Below, we will review the most popular ways to cook eggs for your dogs.
General tips for How to cook eggs for dogs?
- Only cook plain eggs for your dog. Do not include seasoning like salt, pepper, ketchup, cayenne, chives, etc.
- Cook your egg thoroughly. Cooking your egg all the way through will help remove any harmful bacteria as well as mitigate against salmonella.
- Make sure that your eggs are farm fresh without the use of chemicals.
Hard Boiled Eggs for Dogs
Reading: how to boil eggs for dogs
Hard-boiled eggs for dogs are quick and easy to cook. Thus, you can make a completely cooked hard-boiled for your dog by boiling your egg for 9 to 10 minutes. Hard-boiled eggs for dogs are the fastest and most popular option to feed your dog cooked eggs. They also make great snacks for your dog!
How to cook hard-boiled eggs for dogs?
- Put eggs in water inside a saucepan or large pot
- Put water inside of the saucepan covering the eggs by 1 inch
- Turn your stove on to high heat
- Boil the water inside the pot
- Once the water is boiling, set timer for 9 to 10 minutes to ensure that the eggs are thoroughly cooked
- Let the egg cool down for 5 minutes before feeding it to your dog
Hard-boiled eggs for dogs are easy to cook and only take 9 to 10 minutes of cooking time. Alternatively, some people bake eggs for their dogs in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes. However, I think this takes too long and boiling eggs in water is significantly easier with less room for error.
There’s no need to add any seasoning to your hard-boiled eggs for dogs. Simply feed your dog the hard-boiled egg, or peel the shell if you are worried about choking.
Can dogs eat egg shells of hard-boiled eggs?
Yes, larger dogs can eat egg shells, but smaller dogs or puppies should not consume egg shells for fear of choking or gastrointestinal issues. Egg shells contain good nutrients for your dog that promote bone and muscle growth including calcium, protein, and minerals such as fluoride, magnesium, and selenium. If you choose to feed your small dog or puppy eggshells, it’s recommended that you peel the shell and crush the shell before feeding it to your dog.
Scrambled Eggs for Dogs
Read more: Homemade Salted Caramel Recipe
Scrambled eggs for dogs are a great alternative to hard-boiled eggs for dogs and are easy to cook. Scrambled eggs for dogs are a convenient source of protein and make great supplements to meals or an afternoon snack.
How to cook scrambled eggs for dogs?
- Crack eggs into a medium-sized bowl
- Beat eggs until the yolk and egg whites are blended together
- Pour the egg mixture into a cooking pan on medium heat
- Continue cooking for approximately 8 minutes. Constantly turn your eggs over until they are fully cooked.
There is no need to add any seasoning for your scrambled eggs for dogs. If you’re looking for a more substantial meal for your dog, you can consider adding hamburger meat, pork meat, fish, or even a little bit of cheese. Scrambled eggs for dogs are a wonderful source of protein and help settle upset stomachs.
Can dogs eat scrambled eggs?
Yes, dogs can eat scrambled eggs as they are an excellent source of nutrition: protein, amino acids, calcium, etc. In fact, most dogs love eating eggs and willingly eat them like a treat.
Raw Eggs for Dogs
If you’re too lazy to cook your eggs for your dog than you can consider feeding your dog a raw egg from the cartoon. However, please note that this is not recommended, and we recommend that you cook eggs for dogs in order to prevent bacterial disease. Cooking eggs for your dogs is very fast and should be considered as the first option.
Can dogs eat raw egg?
Yes, dogs can eat raw eggs. However, just like humans, dogs can contract bacterial diseases like Salmonella if dogs eat raw eggs. Salmonella infects the intestinal tract of your dog which can cause diarrhea with blood and mucus. It’s a painful experience for your dog, we recommend that you cook eggs for your dog.
Read more: Mongolian Beef
However, dog food diets that consist of raw foods are taking the dog industry by storm and more dog owners swear by the raw food diet. Raw eggs are certainly a large part of the raw dog food diet and work for many different dog owners.
Benefits of Cooking Eggs for your Dog
- Eggs are high in protein which is necessary for your dog
- Eggs contain amino acids which is good for your dog’s hair, muscle, and nails. Dog’s can get a shiny coat from eating eggs.
- Eggs contain fatty acids
- Egg shells are high in calcium which can help promote bone density in your dog
- Eggs have several other vitamins including Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12, Iron, and Selenium
- Raw eggs help for dogs itchy skin
Conclusion for “How to cook eggs for dogs?”
The fastest and most popular ways to cook eggs for your dogs are hard-boiled eggs and scrambled eggs. The total cook time for making hard-boiled eggs or scrambled eggs for your dog is less than 10 minutes. In addition, cooking your eggs prevents against bacterial disease like salmonella which is why we suggest you cook your eggs for your dog instead of feed it to them raw. However, many dog owners do feed their dogs raw eggs. There are many health benefits to feeding your dogs eggs such as protein, amino acids, fatty acids, and other vitamins.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can dogs eat egg yolk?
Yes, dogs can eat egg yolk. In fact, egg yolk has a significant amount of nutrition in the egg including Vitamin A, D, E, and K with omega acids. If you’re worried about your dog’s cholesterol, you can refrain from feeding your dog the egg yolk.
How many eggs can a dog eat in a day?
It depends on your dogs weight and the amount of food they typically intake. We recommend that you start feeding your dog a half an egg per day and gradually ramp up to one egg per day. If you continually feed your dog too many eggs they will develop a biotin deficiency because eggs contain an enzyme that prevents absorption of biotin in the body. Biotin helps promote healthy skin, metabolism, and digestion.
Can I feed my dog eggs everyday?
Yes, you can feed your dog an egg every day. We wouldn’t recommend feeding your dog more than 2 eggs per day as they may develop a biotin deficiency.
At what age can puppies eat eggs?
It’s likely safe to start feeding your puppy’s an egg by the age of 3 to 4 months old. However, with a young puppy, I would not feed them the egg shell. If you do decide to feed them an egg shell for calcium benefits, make sure you grind it up first and feed it to them in moderation (once a week or so). In addition, I would only feed my puppy like 1/4 to 1/2 an egg at a time.
Other articles to read:
- My dog ate a baby wipe. What should I do?
- Can dogs eat crawfish?
- Can dogs eat wheat thins?
- My dog ate a condom. What should I do?
- My dog ate coconut oil. What should I do?