Learn how to boil corn on the cob! Sweet, juicy, and golden, it’s the BEST summer side dish. Top it with butter, salt, and pepper, and dig in!
Reading: how to boil corn on the cob
How to Boil Corn on the Cob
My method for how to boil corn on the cob is simple. You only need 1 ingredient: fresh sweet corn! You can cook as many ears as you’d like, as long as your pot is large enough for all of the ears to be fully submerged.
First, remove the husks from the corn. Discard the green corn husks and the silks, the thin strands that cling to each ear of corn. While you work, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Read more: Easy Homemade Cheese Sauce
Finally, eat! Remove the corn from the pot and transfer it to a serving platter. Serve it with butter, salt, and pepper, or whatever fixings you like.
Boiled Corn on the Cob Serving Suggestions
I love adding grilled corn to tacos and salads, but whenever I’m boiling corn, I’m almost always going to eat it off the cob. The simplest way to enjoy it is with butter, salt, and pepper, but your options don’t end there. Here are a few ideas for changing it up:
- Use compound butter instead of regular butter. Any of these 4 variations would be fantastic!
- Drizzle it in a yummy sauce, like chipotle sauce or vegan ranch.
- Sprinkle it with fresh herbs. I recommend cilantro, basil, or chives.
- Spice it up. Dust it with smoked paprika or chili powder.
- Make Mexican-style corn on the cob. After boiling corn, brush it with adobo sauce from a can of chipotles and top it with crumbled Cotija cheese.
Read more: Chow Mein
Let me know what variations you try!
Round out the meal with cookout fare like veggie burgers, black bean burgers, or BBQ jackfruit sandwiches and a fresh summer salad. Or, serve your cooked corn on the cob as a side dish with whatever you’d like!
More Favorite Corn Recipes
If you loved learning how to boil corn, try one of these summer corn recipes next:
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Stuffed Peppers
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Grilled Vegetable Skewers
- Best Vegan Pizza
- Or any of these 25 Fresh Corn Recipes!