The texture of this homemade playdough recipe is so much nicer and less crumbly than store bought playdough. If stored correctly, homemade play dough lasts for months. Making playdough is a terrific activity to do with the kids – they can help measure out all of the ingredients into the saucepan before you do your thing on the stove. Make up a batch and pull it out for those rainy days or times during the school holidays when you need an activity to entertain the kids.
Homemade Playdough Recipe
- 2 cups (260 g) plain flour
- 1 cup (270 g) salt
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 2 Tbsp. cream of tartar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil or baby oil
- Get the kids to help you measure out all the ingredients into a cold saucepan.
- Cook all ingredients over medium heat until it’s too stiff to stir anymore.
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool before massaging it all into a glorious lump of dough.
- When it’s cool, store it in a plastic bag inside an airtight container.
- You can split the combined mixture into two saucepans and add different colouring to each.