Homemade Chocolate Sauce is incredibly easy to make and rivals anything you’ll buy at the store. Whip up a batch in only 5 minutes and then drizzle it on all your favorite desserts!
Reading: chocolate sauce recipe
In the time it takes to go to the store and buy some chocolate syrup, you could have already made some and be enjoying it. That’s how quick and easy this Homemade Chocolate Sauce recipe is.
What Ingredients do I need for this Homemade Chocolate Sauce recipe?
You only need 4 ingredients (plus water) – no corn syrup or dairy – just cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and vanilla. You end up with smooth, sweet, chocolate lava!
Is this Chocolate Sauce or Hot Fudge Sauce?
The difference between chocolate sauce and hot fudge sauce is that hot fudge usually uses cream and butter, making it thicker than chocolate sauce, which uses sugar and water. So, technically this is chocolate sauce, but it definitely thickens up as it cools, so it’s like in-between. Basically, perfect. It tastes even better than Hershey’s syrup!
Recipe Variations for Chocolate Sauce
- Use milk instead of water for a creamier texture.
- Stir in a tablespoon of butter at the end for an extra touch of richness.
- Turn it into mocha chocolate sauce by including a teaspoon of espresso powder.
- Give it a spicy Mexican flair by adding a dash of cayenne pepper or chili powder.
- A touch of peppermint extract would make it great for Christmas.
What to use chocolate sauce for?
What not to use it on is a better question!
- Pour it over ice cream.
- Stir it into milk.
- Drizzle it over brownies or angel food cake.
- Layered it in a chocolate trifle.
- Use it as a dip for fruit.
- Give it as a gift! Make a trio of sauces – one regular, one spicy, and one minty!
How to Store Leftovers
This recipe makes 1 3/4 cups with one serving being about 2 tablespoons, which gives you a little drizzle over a scoop of ice cream or slice of cake. But you can certainly use more if you want! I mean, who can resist it?
Any leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Simply reheat in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
Read more: Veg noodles recipe (Vegetable noodles)
If you use chocolate sauce a lot, this recipe can easily be doubled.
Satisfy your chocolate craving with this chocolate syrup – it’s guaranteed happiness!
Other fantastic Chocolate Recipes To Try!
- Easy Chocolate Pie
- Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake
- Texas Sheet Cake
- Easy Chocolate Mousse
I hope you love this quick and simple recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!