- The Best Chicken Parmesan with a deliciously crispy coating, smothered in a rich homemade tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese!
- THE BEST CHICKEN PARMESAN
- HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CHICKEN PARMESAN
- THE CRISPY COATING
- USE OUR HOMEMADE SAUCE OR YOUR FAVOURITE MARINARA!
- THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHICKEN PARMESAN AND CHICKEN PARMIGIANA
- WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN PARMESAN
- CRISPY CHICKEN PARMESAN NOW ON VIDEO!
The Best Chicken Parmesan with a deliciously crispy coating, smothered in a rich homemade tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese!
Oven baked Chicken Parmesan is simple to make and worth every minute! If you love a crispy crumb coating vs a soggy crumb, look no further! The best you will ever make!
THE BEST CHICKEN PARMESAN
Chicken Parmesan (also called Chicken Parmigiana) is one of the most loved, most popular AND most ordered chicken recipes in the world. BUT often times, chicken comes out too dry, or doesn’t have enough flavour or seasoning. The sauce is bland, or cheddar cheese is used instead of mozzarella, etc.
This chicken parmesan has been said to be the best by many of our readers over the years.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CHICKEN PARMESAN
Compared to all of the chicken recipes on this blog, this one may have more steps BUT they are all worth it:
Each step guarantees to give you the best possible outcome and one chicken dinner you will never foregt.
Read more: Homemade Whole Grain Mustard Recipe
THE CRISPY COATING
For the best flavour combination, the breading is made up of a combination of four ingredients!
- Panko — a Japanese breadcrumb found in any supermarket or grocery store, usually in Asian isles. Dryer than regular breadcrumbs, they absorb less oil producing a crispy and crunchier crumb!
- Breadcrumbs — Italian seasoned, golden or whatever you have on hand.
- Parmesan cheese (or Provolone)
- Garlic (or onion) powder.
USE OUR HOMEMADE SAUCE OR YOUR FAVOURITE MARINARA!
For the purpose of giving you the ultimate flavour experience, I have provided a homemade tomato sauce. You are more than welcome to use store bought pasta sauce, marinara sauce or tomato sauce (U.S readers).
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHICKEN PARMESAN AND CHICKEN PARMIGIANA
There are some variations to Chicken Parmesan depending on the type of restaurant you’re ordering from, including layering toppings with ham or bacon, or changing mozzarella to cheddar (not our favourite), but they are all essentially the same.
Read more: Idli recipe (Soft idli batter recipe)
Chicken Parmigiana (Pollo alla parmigiana in Italian) is also known in Australia as a Parm, Parma, or Parmi.
Before chicken parmesan was eggplant parmesan, where eggplant slices are breaded and fried and layered with sauce and parmesan cheese.
When running out of options on what to feed your family…look no further than these crispy succulent chicken breasts with so much melty cheesy!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN PARMESAN
- Pasta — thin spaghetti, angel hair pasta, fettuccini.
- Steamed vegetables.
- Mashed potatoes.
- Zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice for a lighter option.
- Garlic Mushrooms
Looking for a low carb version? Try this Easy Mozzarella Chicken Recipe!