Creamy Mushroom Marsala Sauce that takes 25 minutes to prepare and goes well with everything! Serve it over chicken, steak, pork chops, baked potato or stir it in pasta! So versatile and delicious.
If you are looking a full proof steak recipe to go along with this mushroom sauce, look no further. Our ribeye steak recipe ,complete with a video, is here to guide you!
Reading: best marsala sauce with mushrooms
Mushrooms definitely fall into ‘a hate it or love it type of food’ category. Some people don’t like them but those of us who do, love them passionately!
I never seem to get tired of cooking and eating mushrooms. They are a great source of vitamins and a delicious meat substitute! I especially love to combine different types of mushrooms for a mix of tastes and textures.
Read more: Caramel Flan
The versatility of mushrooms is hard to match. They could be used in so many different ways. Take these delicious starters as an example. Stuffed Mushrooms with Prosciutto and Pine Nuts or a classic Cream of Mushroom Soup brilliantly showcase the wide range of textures and flavours.
Main dishes like Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs Stuffed with Mushrooms could become a centerpiece of a dinner party or add mushrooms to this simple Chicken Risotto for an easy midweek meal.
They infuse a great deal of flavour into vegetable sides as well. Just take a look at our Braised Savoy Cabbage with Bacon, Mushrooms and Sour Cream.
Mushroom Marsala Sauce
Still one of my most favourite ways to eat mushrooms is in a sauce. The incredible flavour they bring is difficult to beat.
You can dress up very simple dishes like these Ground Meat Patties or Chicken into something utterly delicious by serving them with a flavour packed mushroom sauce.
Read more: Sauteed Peppers and Onions
The inspiration for this mushroom marsala sauce comes from one of the most popular recipes on our site Chicken Marsala.
As much as people love tender and juicy chicken in that recipe, what undoubtedly makes it a firm favourite is the mushroom sauce flavoured with Italian fortified Marsala wine.
The ingredients that enhance and compliment the sauce are onion, garlic, rosemary, parsley and a touch of heavy cream for that luscious velvety texture.
How to Make It
Making this mushroom sauce is very easy and quick. Here are a few tips that will help you to get the most flavour out of your ingredients.
- Prepare the base of your sauce by sauteing your onions until tender and translucent. Don’t rush this step. Well cooked onions add a layer of flavour that shouldn’t be skipped.
- Cook the garlic over low heat to avoid burning, otherwise it impart a bitter taste to the sauce.
- Brown the mushroom until golden. Another way to add extra flavour.
- Thicken the sauce with flour mixed with olive oil left in the pan from browning onions and vegetables.
- Deglaze the pan with a sweet Marsala wine and let it bubble away until it reduces.
- Finally, add a splash of cream over low heat at the very end.
More Sauce Recipes to Try:
- Mushroom Cognac Steak Sauce
- Truffle Cream Sauce
- Wine and Mustard Sauce
- Sherry Caper Sauce