Baked Pumpkin, Sage & Pancetta Risotto
Don’t you just love a one pot, baked meal? This is officially one of my easiest family dinner recipes which is why I love to make it. Pumpkin, sage and pancetta work really well together so the flavor combination is a dream.
It’s amazing how the risotto comes out smooth and creamy every time, just like it’s supposed to be. This dish is substantial enough to enjoy on its own, or if you want to make the meal ultra healthy or if you want to make the risotto go a bit further, serve a salad on the side.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups (200 g) Arborio rice
- 5 cups (500 g) chicken stock
- 50g (2 oz) butter
- 2 tbsp. small sage leaves
- 600g (21 oz) pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 10 thin slices of pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (50 g) finely grated parmesan cheese plus extra to serve
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F.
- Combine rice, stock, butter, sage, pumpkin and pancetta in a large, oven proof dish and cover with the lid.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the rice is soft.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the parmesan, salt and pepper and continue stirring for a few minutes or until the risotto is creamy and the remaining stock is absorbed.
- Divide the risotto between plates and top with extra remaining parmesan.
- Serve on its own or with a green side salad.